Essential Oils - Here is a small list of some of the most popular oils used in aromatherapy and how they may be used.
Basil is used in perfumery for its clear, sweet and mildly spicy aroma. It is also used for sharpening concentration, , and to relieve headaches and migraines and for its uplifting effect on depression
Bergamot is one of the most popular oils used as a perfume. It is an excellent insect repellent and may be helpful for both the urinary tract and for the digestive tract. It is used for skin conditions linked to stress, such as cold sores and chicken pox, especially when combined with eucalyptus oil.
Black pepper has a sharp and spicy aroma. Common uses include stimulating the circulation and for muscular aches and pains. Skin application is useful for bruises, since it stimulates the circulation.
Citronella oil, obtained from a relative of lemongrass, is used as an insect repellent and in perfumes
Tea tree oil and many other oils have topical (external) antimicrobial (i.e. antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, or antiparasitic) activity and are used as antiseptics and disinfectants. Eucalyptus oil is often used in combination with Mint to provide relief for the airways in case of cold or flu. Clove oil is a topical analgesic, especially useful in dentistry..
Lavender oil is used as an antiseptic, to soothe headaches and migraines, to soothe minor cuts and burns. It is also used to relax and calm people during times of stress Yarrow oil is used to reduce joint inflammation and relieve cold and influenza symptoms.
Lemon oil is uplifting and anti-stress/anti-depressant.
* Basil is used in perfumery for its clear, sweet and mildly spicy aroma. It is also used for sharpening concentration, , and to relieve headaches and migraines and for its uplifting effect on depression.
* Soothing Therapeutic Blend This blend of is designed to relax, calm, and soothe the spirit and body. It contains a mixture of Essential Oils of Lemon, Ylang Ylang, Lavender, and Geranium.
* Invigorating Therapeutic Blend. This blend is designed to invigorate the mind and body. It contains a mixture of Oils of Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary.
* Desire Therapeutic Blend This blend of is designed to enhance romantic and physical desire. It contains a mixture of of Patchouli, Ylang Ylang, Peppermint, and Cedarwood.
* Uplifting Therapeutic Blend This blend is designed to uplift the body and spirit and chase away depression. It contains a mixture of Lavender, Bergamot, Cinnamon Leaf, and Orange.
* Lavender The reported benefits of Lavender Oil include its relaxing, balancing, calming, and soothing effects.
Their are hundreds of essential oils used in the art of aromatherapy.
essential oils used in the art of aromatherapy.